[ HandMade GreenHouse ]

 
This is not A HOUSE, to be honest. What would you call this?
Plant Closet? Germinating Cabinet? ;)
Well, anyhow...
 
 
I had a dream.
It wouldn't leave me alone. So...

 
...I began my project by gathering suitable supplies
[ second hand stuff, naturally, as far as possible].
What did I need?
 
 
Seven old windows, more or less the same size.
Some wood for the frame.
Four wheels, six pairs of hinges, few screws.
A saw, a screw-driver and a vacuum cleaner.
 
[ YES, the windows were dusty! ]
 
 
 
Sand paper, masking tape, paper to protect the surfaces,
a brush and some paint.
 
 
[ I found this grey-blue paint by the recycling tanks.
Yes; un-opened, ready-mixed, suitable for doors and windows outside.
One liter was just enough!
Thank you, my unknown neighbour! :) ]


You'll definitely have a good idea of what to put inside it, won't you?
Flowers, herbs, salad, pepper, tomatoes... You name it!
But how?

My husband [ yes, he is so much better with tools like a lock saw ]
carefully cut and fastened laths for the selves.
 
These selves are actually metal gratings from old kitchens,
found from a rubbish container again.
They are adjustable, which helps the plants to grow.

 
This was a demanding task, but not impossible.
And 100% worth it, don't you think?
***
 
Did you find this post any handy? Want to give feedback?
I'd love to hear your opinion. PLEASE leave me a message below!





1 comment:

  1. I took part in Tikkurila's Makeover Contest with this GreenHouse.

    Have a look and vote:

    http://www.muuttumisleikki.fi/selaa_kohteita/kasvihuone_vanhoista_ikkunoista.958.html

    ReplyDelete

Although Finnish is my mother tongue, I decided to write in English. I'm sorry for any mistakes I made.

You may comment on any language. Ymmärrän suomea, I understand English, jag förstår också svenska und ich verstehe auch ein bischen Deutsch, and the dictionary will help me with the rest.

Thank you for following the Netiquette: Behaving yourself behind the nicknames, too!